POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tulips : Re: Tulips Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tulips
From: Jonathan Hunt
Date: 11 Apr 2001 20:38:09
Message: <3ad4f8f1@news.povray.org>
Thank you for all the nice comments folks.  I was quite pleased
with the result myself.  Especially how well the lighting worked.

If you've looked through the code you might have spotted that
there's no radiosity in the render.  The light comes from an
array of 100 point distributed randomly high up in the sky.
(Note this is not the same as an area light as [i believe] area
lights only affect shadows, and not normal calculations).

The thing that really cripples the render time though is the
focal blur.  I wanted the image to look it's best, so I forced
it to take 256 blur samples per pixel.  This means that the
blur is pretty much grain free.

It was rendered at such a high resolution (1536x2048) mainly
because I'm going to have the image turned into an A0 poster
for a friend.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Hunt